The University of Virginia Office of Continuing Medical Education, in conjunction with the Virginia Department of Health and the Virginia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, is pleased to invite you to participate in an innovative performance improvement project on Breastfeeding.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Pediatrics for 20 Part 2 and 20 Part 4 Maintenance of Certification points and by the University of Virginia Office of Continuing Medical Education for a maximum of 20 PI-CME AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
This course includes both the Performance Improvement activity and the MOC Knowledge Self-Assessment activity.
- Performance Improvement activity includes 3 phases: Identify, Implement, and Integrate with mandated waiting periods between certain phases
- Tailored reports assessing your progress issued after each phase; MOC Part 4 points awarded upon completion
- MOC Knowledge Self-Assessment activity provides core breastfeeding knowledge and pretest and posttest opportunities needed for MOC Part 2 points
This activity is designed to:
- Empower healthcare providers to increase their knowledge of lactation management
- Ensure better breastfeeding education for hospital and outpatient staff, patients, and families
- Improve the quality of care provided to new mothers and babies by implementing nationally defined best practice strategies
- Increase the rates of initiation, duration, and exclusivity of breastfeeding
- Improve the health of mothers and babies